How can a coconut oil hair mask help your hair?
Almost anything can be done with coconut oil, from removing makeup to preserving eggs to preserving meat. The fact that it’s the most popular natural beauty alternative, especially for hair, shouldn’t come as a big surprise. Instead of using store-bought products to battle frizz and dryness, try making your own DIY hair mask.
Without a forty minute hair care programme, our hair would be shiny, strong, and healthy. Every season, it would remain supple and moisturised regardless of weather conditions. Since we’re still far from having effortless hair, the closest we’ve come is with a coconut oil hair mask.
Better brain function and lowered cholesterol levels are just a few of the health benefits of coconut oil that have become widely known. It is also commonly used as a moisturiser and makeup remover for the skin.
Coconut oil may also be beneficial to your hair because of its unique chemical composition. A hair mask is another great technique to nourish your hair with coconut oil.
A coconut oil hair mask has several benefits. We also have some simple DIY coconut oil hair mask ideas for you.
benefit Of DIY Hair Masks For Your Hair
Your hair might become weak and damaged over time as a result of chemical treatments, heat styling, and exposure to the environment. Coconut oil may contain some qualities that can help keep your hair healthy, according to study.
As with a facial mask, a coconut oil hair mask can help enhance the condition of your hair. How does a coconut oil hair mask work? What are the benefits of using one? According to research, it may help:
1. Reducing the loss of protein.. There are three layers to the hair, which is made up of protein. The cortex, the thickest layer of your hair, can be damaged by colouring, blow-drying, style, and other treatments. One review of studies from 2017. Used as a grooming product before and after washing, coconut oil reduces protein loss.
2. Secondly, it must penetrate the hair follicle. The molecular weight of coconut oil is low. Oils that have a lower molecular weight are better absorbed by hair shafts than oils that have higher molecular weights.
3. Hydrate your skin by using moisturiser. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft better than other oils, thus it may also help preserve your hair from drying out.
Here are some amazing DIY coconut hair oil mask recipes exclusively for you.
Coconut Hair Oil Mask for Dry Hair
Dry, brittle hair will be hydrated with a coconut oil hair mask that requires no special ingredients. Use the following ingredients to make this simple recipe:
Virgin Coconut Oil, 2 Tbs.
Honey, 1 tablespoon
Firstly, melt the coconut oil on the stovetop or in the microwave, according to your preference. Whip the egg in a separate basin before adding it to the coconut oil that has been heated. Continue whisking until the mixture is uniform.
Lastly, there is the application process to be completed. Massage the hair mask into each part from root to tip after separating clean, damp hair into pieces. Ensure that each section is covered uniformly. This should be followed by 30 minutes of wrapping your hair in an old towel or t-shirt. Rinse away the hair mask with water and your preferred shampoo to complete the procedure. It may take two or three rinses to remove the mask completely.
Coconut Oil Mask for Dull Hair
Coconut oil hair masks on their own are a source of hydration for the hair. Add apple cider vinegar and you’re on your way to stronger, shinier hair in no time at all. What you’ll need for this hair mask with two benefits is:
Virgin Coconut Oil, 2 Tbs.
One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
Melt the coconut oil by heating it until it is melted and smooth. Together with apple cider vinegar, stir well. On dry or damp hair, apply the mask in sections from root to tip, ensuring that each section is evenly coated. Rinse off after 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with your regular shampoo and conditioner, then pat dry.
Coconut Oil Mask For Damaged Hair
Coconut oil and honey hair mask
- 1 tbsp. organic raw honey
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
In a saucepan, combine the coconut oil and honey. The mixture should be heated on low heat until it is completely smooth. Stir the oil and honey together.
If it’s still hot, let it cool down to lukewarm before using it. To apply, wet your hair with a spray bottle, and then apply the mixture thoroughly, following the recommendations above.
Then, rinse it off with lukewarm water after 40 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual.
Coconut Hair Oil Mask for Brittle Hair
Coconut Oil and Castor Oil
If you add castor oil to coconut oil, your hair mask will be ten times better. Castor oil’s fatty acids and antioxidants enhance hydration in dry, brittle hair, reducing breakage.
2 TBS coconut oil and 2 TBS castor oil.
Before applying the mixture to the hair, section the hair into sections. Allow 15 to 20 minutes for the mask to dry, or leave it on overnight with a cloth over your pillow to prevent oil from seeping through.
Ideally, you should repeat this process two to three times every week.
Coconut Hair Oil Mask for Itchy Scalp
Did you know that aloe vera gel may also be used to treat hair? Hair looks and feels better thanks to the gel’s antimicrobial, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristics. Meanwhile, vitamin B12 increases hair growth.
– Blend coconut oil and aloe vera gel together using a tablespoon.
– Then, rub it through the rest of your hair by targeting the roots of your hair.
– Wash your hair after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
For best results, apply this mask once or twice a week throughout the course of an entire night.
Coconut Hair Oil for Curly Hair
Coconut Oil and Avocado
Our meals and hair routine are never complete without this fruit. For strengthening, mending, and moisturising dehydrated hair, avocado is an excellent mask ingredient.
The avocado should be cut into bits and crushed in a bowl. – Once the avocado has been smoothed out, add the coconut oil and whisk together until well-combined.
– Slowly massage the mixture into your scalp and covering all of your hair.
– Then rinse and finish with shampoo and conditioner.
– Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse and finish.
As a rule, you should only use this combination once or twice a week.
Coconut Hair Oil Mask for Frizzy Hair
Your coconut oil mixture may benefit from the addition of bananas, especially if you suffer from frizzy or dry hair. They are rich in antioxidants and potassium, which help to nourish, soften, and prevent the strands from split ends and breakage.
– Peel and cut a ripe banana, then puree it in a blender.
– A spoonful of coconut oil can be added to the mixture before mixing until it is smooth. Then, massage it into your hair for 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse it out.
– As usual, rinse off the product and continue your hair care routine.
One to two times a week is sufficient for this treatment.
Coconut Hair Oil Mask for Frizzy Hair
Coconut Oil and Egg
This mask is ideal for people with thinning hair since it adds moisture to the strands. In addition to providing rapid shine, the proteins and nutrients in the yolk help repair and hydrate the hair.
– One egg yolk and two teaspoons of coconut oil are combined. In addition, you may add one tablespoon of honey to the recipe to provide additional moisture.
– While whisking, make sure the mixture is smooth.
– Apply the mask on damp hair, then cover with a shower cap to prevent raw egg from dropping.
– Rinse with cool water after 15 to 20 minutes.
Once every two weeks, you should use the mixture.
Do you have any recommendations for hair types?
More moisture and less protein loss are beneficial to most hair types. But if your hair tends to be:
Prone to breaking
Because natural oils don’t go down the hair shaft easily, it can be challenging to keep curls nourished.
Consult your dermatologist if you’re suffering from significant hair loss or thinning. These DIY hair masks are great for treating strands to some TLC at home and potentially seeing some growth and extra volume. Plus, they fight dry scalp and dandruff, reduce frizz and enhance shine.
If you are not down for DIY stuffs, we have your back. Check out this blog post on the best coconut hair oils for your hair which can be bought in a few clicks.